Finale of Japan Trip 2013 [12th to 13th June]

It has been a long trip but time sure flies past and my holiday in Japan is coming to an end. It feels as if there are still several more places I want to visit in Japan, e.g. Hokodate, Jozenkei, Furano, Noboribetsu, Himeji and more places in central Japan also. After packing my luggage, I went to the train station and looked for paid lockers to keep my luggage while I go shopping/eating. With 1 suitcase, 1 backpack, 1 more luggage bag and another cloth bag, it sure was a challenge to squeeze everything into the locker.

Next, I took a subway and the tram to go exploring Susukino. When I passed by a crab restaurant, I realised there is a fourth kind of crab that I did not try in Hokkaido. I've tried hairy crab (毛蟹 kegani), king crab and snow crab, but I did not come across queen crab. Being curious, I decided to have my lunch feast at Kani-ya (かに家 札幌本店). I ordered the queen crab set and also a glass of Sapporo beer. One of the last dishes in the feast was porridge cooked on the spot for me using the soup from the shabu shabu I had for the course item before it. The taste was just fantastic!


After my meal, I headed back to the train station to retrieve my luggage and went to the airport. Over at the airport, the offerings in the retail shops sure amazed me. As usual, there are shops selling souvenirs but there are also shops selling Yubari melons and even king crabs! I was so tempted to buy one Yubari melon but the average weight of a small melon was at 1.3kg which didn't quite go well with my luggage.


I was craving for melons at that time and was wondering if ice-creams come with melon flavour. Surprisingly, I managed to find it and it was just so sweet and delicious!


Due to some confusions (silliness on my part), my flight timing had to be in the evening. So, I had an early dinner of ramen in one of the ramen restaurants before taking off.


After almost 2 hours of flight, I landed in Kansai airport and walked over to Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport. I rested for the day for the flight back to Singapore on-route via Hong Kong the next day.


My flight was early in the morning, so I woke up rather early, checked out and walked over to the airport terminal. After checking in, I concluded my Japan trip with a bowl of kitsune udon for breakfast before boarding my flight back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment