Vietnam Trip 2012 - Part 2

From Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport, I took a domestic flight on Vietnam Airlines to fly to Hanoi from Ho Chi Minh City. The flight was quite pleasant and there is in-flight entertainment system, so it feels on par with Malaysia Airlines, SilkAir, etc.


After I arrived at Noi Bai International Airport, I got on to a private car (which I mistook for taxi service) to go to the hotel. The fare wasn't cheap as it was one of those private car owners soliciting for business at the arrival terminal. After about 30 minutes car ride, I arrived at Hanoi Daewoo Hotel. I quickly checked in, dropped my stuff and went out for sightseeing.


My first destination was Vietnam National Museum of History. Unfortunately, photography is not allowed in this museum and the visit turned out to be somewhat boring for me. After the short visit, I decided not to visit any more museums in Hanoi. I went for a quick snack before continuing to explore the city.


I went to Thang Long Water Puppet Theater and hoped to purchase a ticket to watch the water puppet show. Unfortunately, it seems that the tickets were selling out very fast and I could only buy tickets for a show that was on the next day. After buying the tickets, I went for a leisurely walk along Hoàn Kiếm Lake before having dinner at Thủy Tạ beside the lake.


The next day, I went back to Hoàn Kiếm Lake area again after my work. I reached the place before the water puppet show begins, so I went over to Dong Xuan Market for a walk and a quick dinner.


After my dinner, I went back to Thang Long Water Puppet Theater for the show. I enjoyed the performance very much even though I don't understand a single word that was sung/spoken. Hanoi would have felt boring if not for Hoàn Kiếm Lake and this water puppet show.


On one of the other weeknights, I also managed to visit Vincom Center. This shopping mall also had a cineplex in the building. The mall is generally quite quiet and a little boring though.


More photos of my Vietnam trip can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment