Philippines (Aug 2012)

For work purposes, I flew over to Philippines via Cebu Pacific Air and stayed in Somerset Olympia in Makati City  for almost 3 weeks. During week nights and weekends, I managed to visit several malls like Greenbelt, The Landmark, Glorietta 3, SM Makati, Robinsons Place Manila and SM Mall of Asia. I also did some souvenir shopping over in Balikbayan Handicrafts. On one of the long weekends, I managed to do a bit of sightseeing. I started off with San Agustín Church.


From there, I approached one of the horse carriage drivers and enquired about their semi-guided tour which focuses mainly in Intramuros area. I went ahead with the tour and I was brought to Manila Cathedral next.


After some photos of the iconic church, we went to Fort Santiago and also several spots for photo taking opportunities inside Intramuros.


 The tour ended off with the tour guide dropping me off at Robinsons Place Manila. On other days, I managed to go to Resorts World Manila and also Binodo (Chinatown). Resorts World Manila seems to be rather boring for me so I didn't stay there for long.


I also visited Manila Ocean Park on one of the days. I find it strangely amusing to see parrots as part of the animal show repertoire though. They must be so confused.


More photos of my trip can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment