Seoul (Jan 2013)

Over the short 1 week trip, I managed to visit several tourist spots in Seoul, especially over the weekend.

I went to the famed Dongdaemum wholesale markets which are open from late morning to around 5am. It was quite an eye-opener seeing so many malls and buyers with big baggages.


While looking around for the KT olleh shop to purchase a prepaid SIM card, I passed by Bosingak Belfry and took a couple of photos there.


I also managed to visit some of the popular spots like Changdeok-gung, Gyeongbok-gung and National Folk Museum.

 
 

I had the intention of visiting Bukchon Hanok Village, but found out it was under renovation.


I also went up Namsan via cable car to see the scenary, the N Seoul Tower and also visit the Teddy Bear Museum. Before going up, I also visited Namsangol Hanok Village aka Korea House, which was at the foot of Namsan.

 
 

After descending from Namsan, I went to Myeongdong, which is just nearby.


On the last day, I went to Lotte World and paid for a 1-day special pass. The pass includes all rides, but the queues at most of the interesting rides were crazily long with estimated queue times of 50 to 120 minutes.


For more photos, do check out my Picasa web gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment