Day 1 [7-Oct]: Paris

Shortly after putting my luggage in the luggage room (not time for checkin yet), I went out on my exploration. As I did not have mobile data connection, all I can do is depend on the cached maps on my tablet and just walk aimlessly. It was only about 12pm+ and the next item in my itinerary is a boat tour down seine river at 3pm.

I was trying to search for a restaurant called Jardin d'en Face or the other one called Le Buffet near the hostel. Apparently, I think the first one is closed for good and I couldn't find the other one. Both were rated good in tripadvisor. Too bad then. I ended up walking a big round in Montmatre district and ended up in the same metro station I came from to go to the hostel. Along the way, I saw Eglise Saint-Jean-Evangeliste (eglise means church) and took some photos. Along the way, I bought Orange prepaid card and €10 worth of topup. Unfortunately, it's at a convenience store and the guy was too busy to help me (or there is not much he can help).

Anyway, the area near the hostel is actually sort of a red light district, where the world-famous Moulin Rouge is. There were amusing and big sex shops which got tourists amused and taking photos. As I was walking, I decided to try one of the restaurants. Ordered escargots and duck confit with a small glass of red wine. Costs €30.3 including taxes and service charge.


   
After the good welcome lunch for myself, I headed for the area near the river tour. Explored around until the time is closer and boarded the boat for the river tour. On the streets, the weather is actually quite comfortable. Sometimes, I could even go without a jacket. But on the boat, there was occasional wind which makes it a little too cold, especially for the hands and face.


After the river tour, I headed to the Eiffel Tower for some photos taken from the base. I hanged around awhile as that's also the meeting point for my bike tour at night. For the bike tour, I was having several difficulties. The bike wasn't comfortable for me as I am more used to mountain bikes. The handles were curved in a way which I found uncomfortable. I was having little trouble and taking a little more time to start peddling each time I stop. We stopped by many nice places and the whole cycling trip was about 2.5hrs. Then, we headed for the boat tour which was included. We even saw the Eiffel Tower lighting up show (hourly) at 10pm. After the river tour we headed back to the bike tour office.


I reached back hostel at about 11pm+, checked in and went into my room. I soon discovered that my 2 room mates are asleep and I did not want to disturb them. Besides, it was pitch dark inside. Settled my stuff outside the room and went for a quick shower. And I ended my day at around 12am+.

No comments:

Post a Comment