Day 1 [7-Oct]: Travelling from airport to hostel

And so I'm in Europe for the first time. And finally in the city I wanted to visit so much for the longest time. It's like a dream came true! Landed in CDG airport terminal 2 and was looking around for a booth that sells Orange prepaid card....nothing in sight, tough luck. Headed for the train station to take RER service (reasonably cheap and fast compared to other options). Before I bought the tickets, I visited the toilet and was slightly amused as the height of the urinal. It was almost too high for me. 10cm higher and I will be screwed. LOL

Tried using the ticketing machines to buy my train ticket to the city, but found out that it only accepts coins and it doesn't accept SG credit cards. After I asked for help to get to the city at the train station, I was told that the train station was closed for servicing over in terminal 2. The guides in the airport guided me to take the shuttle service to terminal 3. At terminal 3, I noted the station is closed as well. Asked for help again and was told to take a replacement bus service to go to the next nearest RER station to take the train.

During the train ride, a basker hopped on board and was playing some musical instrument. What a nice way to start my holiday! He asked for tips after playing and I dropped all the coins I had, which was only EUR 0.7. About 30mins (maybe less) after the train ride, I ended up in Gare du Nord station and struggled my way to find the right metro line to transfer to. It was quite a walk to switch line and this station is a gigantic interchange with so many metro & RER lines stopping here. Took M2 and alighted at Blanche.

The first thing I saw when I exited Blanche station is Moulin Rouge. Ya, this is the red light district area. Since I don't have prepaid card, I had to rely on the cached maps in Google Maps on my tablet and navigate my way to the hostel. Alas, I managed to find Plug-Inn hostel. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment