Day 4 [10-Oct]: Paris

Started the day by heading to La Madeleine for a quick stop to take some photos. I also stopped by the Orange shop nearby and tried to get help for recharging my Orange prepaid card. According to them, I would need to mail in a form together with my ID (passport). Kinda dissappointed with all the hassles of using Orange prepaid card actually.

Proceeded to the Sony shop near Avenue des Champs-Élysées soon after. Fortunately, I could find the right battery and charger for my camera! I can continue snapping away happily without worry of the batteries going flat after all.

As I walked down Champs-Élysées, I spotted the famous Arc de Triomphe and hanged around the area awhile for photos. Next, I went to 1st arrondissement and stopped by Sainte-Chapelle and Cathédrale Notre-Dame. Fortunately, entrance to Notre-Dame is free and I took a short walk inside.


After Notre-Dame, I headed to Hôtel de Ville while grabbing a quick bit along the way. Took some shots at the pretty building and proceeded to Tour de Jacques. It seems that it's pretty hard to get a good angle for grabbing a nice picture of the whole tower though.


Continued walking towards Forum Des Halles and passed by Centre Pompidou. Stopped and rested while taking some photos of the famed building. Continued my way to Forum Des Halles and finally saw the building from outside. Took some photos and went in to search for alternative Telco shops.

I had decided to search for alternative prepaid cards since it's so troublesome to use Orange. Settled for Virgin Mobile and the whole process was so so much simpler and faster. Paid €20 in total for €15 value and 100MB of data for 15 days. It's very little data volume, but at least it's hassle-free and I can finally be online on-the-go. It's so much easier and faster to navigate using mobile data and also to stay connected with friends back in SG.

Headed to Opéra Nationale again, but this time for day shots.


Shortly after, I had to rush to Eiffel Tower because of the timing I had booked for. Took the lift up to the middle level and waited in line (long queue) to go up to the summit of Eiffel Tower. When I reached the top, I was totally awed by the sight. It was so beautiful! Walked several rounds to catch shots of different areas of Paris and tried to identify several locations, Seine river, some musems across the other side of the river, etc. There was even a champagne bar at the summit. Stayed around the summit for quite a while and met a Singaporean couple. Chatted with them awhile and we all agreed Singaporean accent is really quite obvious. I continued waiting for sunset at the summit in hope of catching some night shots of the city. I eventually descended back to ground at around 8pm.


After landing back to ground, I decided to backtrack the locations I went to in the daytime to catch night shots. Unfortunately, I could catch good shots of Tour de Jacques as the garden closes at 7pm. I also walked all the way to Saint-Germain-des-Prés for night shots. After that, I headed back to hostel and had a late dinner in a Chinese restaurant nearby.


For the night, I decided to change to a double room as I wanted to stay safe from the aggressive guy. My new room is on the 5th floor and it is so much nicer. Packed my bags in preparation for the early flight the next morning before I crashed on the bed. For more photos from Paris over the past few days, check out the photo gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment