Day 5 [1st May]: Hong Kong

After having breakfast in Tim Ho Wan, we headed back to hotel and I had to change room because I will be alone for the rest of the week. I headed to the Museum of History in late morning and spent about 2 hours or so in the museum.



After the museum visit, I headed to Star Ferry terminal and looked for lunch in the area. I had the idea of trying out Ding Tai Fung but was shocked by the queue outside the restaurant. I decided to head elsewhere and ended up in Ye Shanghai, which is a 2 Michelin star restaurant. I ordered a small bowl of 葱油拌面, 小笼包, 水饺 and 生煎包. The total bill came up to about HKD260. It looks like a classy restaurant, so it's not surprising that it's more expensive. The 小笼包 tasted really great.





After lunch, I took the ferry to Wan Chai and roamed around Wan Chai, Causeway Bay and Sheung Wan.


For dinner, I decided to head back to Tsim Sha Tsui to try the wanton noodles in Chee Kee. The serving size is bigger than Mak's and it was quite yummy too. I ordered the set meal that came with dessert and was pleasantly surprised that the mango pomelo sago dessert seems to taste better than what I had in Hui Lau Shan.

No comments:

Post a Comment