Day 7 [3rd May]: Ocean Park

For the next day, I visited Ocean Park and was kinda dissappointed that the drizzle started when I reached the entrance. I just had to proceed on with the visit since I had already purchased the entrance ticket at the bus terminal. I walked around for a bit at the foot and found my way to the cable car station where I took the ride up to the summit.


I took some rides at the summit but it started to rain more heavily during lunchtime. I had to hide in a shelter and play Candy Crush while waiting for the rain to subside.


Although the rain subsided, it did not really stop completely. It still continued to drizzle for the rest of the afternoon. I had a grossly overpriced lunch in one of the restaurants which looked more like a food court. It costed about SGD26 for food court quality kind of teriyaki chicken with rice and a 500ml bottle of soft drink. Well, it's not totally unexpected for a theme park.

After lunch, I decided to visit the aquarium and animal enclosures since the rain was still ongoing and the rides are all wet. What a spoilsport! Anyway, I realised that it is possible to get a good view of the giant pandas and red pandas. The view seems better than the ones I saw in Beijing Zoo and the crowd is definitely less, probably also because it was a normal working day in the week. For more photos from Ocean Park, head on to my gallery here.


Later in the day, I decided to try finding the famous Four Seasons Claypot Rice (四季煲仔飯) in Mongkok area for dinner. It looks like the place is visited by mostly locals and the variety of claypot rice dishes was quite interesting. I enjoyed the meal but I would not say it's memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment