Day 8 [4th May]: Hong Kong

Strictly speaking, day 8 should be considered my last day in Hong Kong since my flight is in the morning on the next day. I started the day by trying fishball rice noodles soup and 鸳鸯 for breakfast at 香港仔魚蛋粉 near the hostel. Frankly speaking, coffee or 鸳鸯 really seems tasteless in Hong Kong. Other than hot beverage, everything else is great.


After breakfast, I proceeded to Ladies Market and Sneakers Street for shopping. I was just so in love with Sneakers Street and I ended up with a second pair of yellow shoes. Ladies Market, in comparison, seems underwhelming. I only managed to buy a yellow windbreaker and a couple of small souvenirs like playing cards, magnets and luggage tags there. For lunch, I tried beef ball noodles at 標记乐园潮州粉面. It tastes great and the beef balls weren't hard at all.


After lunch, I proceeded to Lucky Dessert nearly and had my favourite 杨枝甘露. To my delight, it comes with a big piece of mango and definitely tastes better than the one I had at Hui Lau Shan.


After all the shopping and food, I went back to the hostel to put down all my spoils and rested for a while. Later in the afternoon, I roamed around Causeway Bay area and tried the wanton noodles for dinner at Ho Hung Kee. It seems like a crowded place and has a 1 Michelin star rating. However, I felt that the wanton noodles at Mak's and Chee Kee are a lot better.


Later in the night, I went to Temple Street to have a walk and see if I can get anything nice from there. I managed to get a nice leather jacket and a travel bag there. After the walk, I went to Tong Kee nearby for supper. The places closes late in the night at 2am+ and still has a crowd at close to midnight when I was there. The cheong fun and porridge definitely tastes great.

 

After the awesome supper, it's time to go back to the hotel and pack up and return to Singapore the next morning. For more photos of my stay in Hong Kong, check out the gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment